Today I'm starting a new challenge. I'm starting the Paleo diet in an effort to lose weight and be healthy. The Paleo Diet (http://thepaleodiet.com/) is a diet based on the foods available and consumed by human beings during the Paleolithic era. The diet focuses on eating: Lean Meats, Vegetables, Fruits, and Nuts. The diet avoids: Grains, Legumes, Dairy, Refined Sugar, Salt, and Alcohol.
Paleo prescribes a mix of high protein, low carbohydrate, and moderate fat to provide calories. Carbohydrate restriction is a proven method to reduce weight, prevent diabetes.
Origin: I am currently 83 kg and 5'10", which yields a BMI of 26.3 (overweight).
Goal: 75 kg and a BMI of 23.7.
Timeline: 2 months
Method:
1. 3 cheat meals/week
2. I'm going to try blogging about my progress to keep myself motivated
3. Be active 4 days/week (swimming, biking, running, weight lifting, etc.)
I'm hoping that this blog will serve as a good place for me to keep track of my progress and be accountable for this plan.
Day 1:
ReplyDeleteBreakfast - 2 egg & cheese omelet, 3 sausage Links
Snack - Carrots, Red Peppers, and Ceasar dressing
Supper - Taco Salad (Lean Ground Beef, Taco Seasoning, Romaine Lettuce, Red Peppers, Tomatoes, Hot Salsa, Cheese)
Day 1:
ReplyDeleteExercise - 16km bike ride